Cardiac Calcium Scoring: A fast, non-invasive scan that gets to the HEART of your cardiovascular health.
Happy Heart Month!
You may know a lot about your medical history, but do you know your calcium score? This crucial number can help you understand what, if any, intervention is needed to reduce heart attack risk, such as medication or lifestyle changes. Cardiac calcium scoring, a non-invasive CT scan that tests for calcium in the coronary arteries (calcified plaque), is appropriate for those age 40 or over who have risk factors for heart disease, such as hypertension, high cholesterol, smoking, obesity, diabetes or family history of heart disease, but no symptoms. When your doctor orders this non-invasive CT scan, you can expect:
- Assignment of a risk score from zero (indicating almost no near-term heart attack risk) to 400+
- Information that helps your doctor formulate a treatment plan, if needed
- An exceptional patient experience, with:
- Daytime, evening and weekend hours
- Five convenient locations
- A team of healthcare professionals who put their hearts into delivering attentive, patient-centric care
Let’s get to the heart of the matter. Request your appointment today!