You will need to do the following:
- No aspirin or aspirin like products 5 days prior to exam.
- Follow instructions from your physician for the medication that you will have to take the day before and the day of your exam
- If you have not spoken with your doctor’s office regarding antibiotics that need to be taken prior to your biopsy, please call them ASAP. You will need to make arrangement with them to either pick up your prescription or have them call it into your pharmacy.
- Fast 3 hours prior to exam (you can take medication with sips of water, if needed).
- 1 Fleet enema 2 hours before you leave your house.
- Bring in prescription form the MRI Biopsy from your doctor or have it faxed to 609.655.4016.
- Please have someone drive you.
- Please arrive approximately 30 minutes before the exam.
Please call us if you have any questions or if you need to cancel your appointment at 609.655.1448. Please ask for either Tina Biemuller (Office Manager) or Lori Kittner (Insurance Coordinator).
PROSTATE BIOPSY POST BIOPSY INSTRUCTIONS
- After biopsy, continue taking antibiotic as directed
- Increase your fluid intake following the biopsy
- Follow your regular diet
- You may see blood in your urine, semen or stool for several days after biopsy. Blood may be present sporadically for several weeks. This is normal. You may also experience a low-grade fever. For fever or pain, take Tylenol. DO NOT take ASPRIN or aspirin related products 48 hours after procedure (see attached list.)
- If you develop any unusual symptoms, severe bleeding and or higher fever (101 degrees or above,) PLEASE CONTACT YOUR UROLOGIST’S OFFICE, OUR OFFICE, OR GO TO THE CLOSEST EMERGECNY ROOM.
The pathology report may take several business days. You will be notified of the biopsy results by your urologist.
** Any questions or concerns, call Lori Kittner at 609.655.7798 ext 4203**