Insurance Requirements Under New Jersey Law Beginning August 2018
Health insurers, health maintenance organizations (HMOs), and health benefits plans and contracts
must now cover
- 3D mammograms to screen for breast cancer in women age 40 and over
- 3D mammograms to diagnose or rule out breast cancer in women of any age when breast cancer is suspected
This mandate is effective for fully insured health plans and the State Health Benefits Program issued or renewed on or after August 1, 2018. Self-funded health plans can choose to offer this mandated benefit.
Benefits of 3D SmartMamm™
- 3D mammography for enhanced detection of breast cancer at its earliest, most treatable stage
- Especially beneficial to women with dense breast tissue, which makes cancer harder to see
- Lifetime risk assessment to help you and your doctor formulate a proactive monitoring plan
- Same day results available
- Convenient access at five locations with appointment times seven days a week
Now there’s no reason to delay your 3D SmartMamm™.