How to Prepare for Your CT Cardiac Calcium Scoring
- Please be sure to bring your referral from your doctor or we may not be able to perform your test.
- Arrive at our office 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. These 30 minutes will allow you to complete a medical history form before your study begins.
- Take all medication as you normally do, including blood pressure medication.
- Do not to take caffeine, smoke cigarettes or exercise for at least four hours before the exam.
- We advise you to wear two pieces of clothing, if possible. You will have to remove your shirt or blouse and any jewelry during the scan and put on a gown.
- Also, avoid lotions on the chest area before the test.
- The scan is a painless procedure that takes about 15 minutes.