How to Prepare for Your CT Exam
- If your CT exam is ordered with oral or IV contrast, you may consume CLEAR liquids ONLY within 4 hours of your examination. You may have coffee/ tea WITHOUT milk, jello, broth, soda, and grape cranberry or apple juice.
- If you are having an abdominal and/or pelvic CT, you may require oral contrast. You will need to pick up the contrast at our office at least 24 hours prior to your appointment and follow the instructions given for taking the contrast. Your Scheduler will inform you if you need oral contrast for your study.
- Remember to bring your prescription and your insurance card to your appointment.
- Arrive at our office 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. These 30 minutes will allow you to complete a medical history form and to finish drinking the oral contrast – if applicable – before your study begins.
- Prescription medications may be taken as usual. IF YOU ARE DIABETIC: Do not take Metaglip, Glucophage, Glucovance, Avandamet (or any drug containing Metformin) the day of your exam and for 48 hours after your exam.